RFI UHF GPI Stainless Mopole 380 - 440 MHz - MBC Base
When the CD50-65-50 gets mounted on a vehicle gutter or similar position, these UHF MopolesTM provide optimum performance with a largely omnidirectional pattern. Due to the low angle of radiation inherent in the dipole antenna pattern, a 4.0 dB improvement in performance is typical when compared to a 3 wave whip in the centre of a metal roof.
The end fed design of the UHF MopolesTM incorporates a truly unique transformer in the base section. In this patented feed assembly, the dielectric of the coaxial feeder cable is trimmed to a set length and then introduced into the coil in termination. The result is a precisely matched feed which is so consistent that tuning to frequency from a chart becomes a matter of course.
CD50 antennas have an elegant and durable tapered stainless steel whip section.
The CD50-xx-50 and CD51-xx-50 versions mate with the MBC coaxial base providing an internal, permanent connection in a completely sealed unit. The MBC base is easy to install and allows the entire antenna to be removed and replaced at will.
- Versatile - Ground plane independence allows alternative mounting locations
- Performance - High performance and largely omni-directional pattern when not centre roof mounted
- Convenient - Patented design allows termination or retermination in seconds
- Stainless steel whip or flexible nylon whips cater to individual needs
- Durable - Base coil is virtually indestructible
- Unique transformer design
- Australian Patents #596830 and #656793
Mopole™ antennas such as the CD50 and CD51 exhibit a 4dB improvement in performance over a ¼ wave whip but in pattern tests deliver only 2.0 to 2.5dB of actual gain. This improvement in performance can be attributed to a lower angle of radiation and is of particular benefit to users in rugged terrain conditions and in heavily built up city areas.